I have recently made a gluten free lasagne….and when I say “from scratch”, i sorta mean, from jars! However, this was my first time (oh-er!) so I cheated a little.
So, here goes my recipe for my easy-peasy gluten free lasagne!
You will need:-
2 Medium Carrots
1 Onion (plus tissue for the eyes – sniff!)
900gms mince beef (95% lean is best if you can)
Dolmio Lasagne Sauce (ensure that is says Gluten Free on the jar)
Dolmio Lasagne Cream Sauce (again, ensure it says Gluten Free on the jar)
Kelkin Gluten Free Lasagne Sheets
Parmesan Cheese – the real stuff!
Knife – be careful! (ask a grown up to help! ;p)
Chopping Board (free of any crumbs from regular bread so make sure its clean)
Lets Do This
**Heat the oven to 180 degrees**
1. Begin by “blanching” the lasagne sheets. You do not necessarily have to do this with the Kelkin sheets (pictured) however, according to the wise chef (my mother), its always best to. To do this, you take approximately 6-8 sheets and place them in boiling water, to soften them. Make sure they are separate and not on top of each other so if you have a few extra dishes to place these in, that would be great. You only need to do this for 5 minutes.
2. Then, prepare the vegetables by peeling the carrots and onion and chopping these into tiny little pieces.
3. Heat some olive oil in the frying pan and once hot, add the carrots and onion.
4. When these look a little cooked (about 2 minutes later), add the mince. Chop it up and make sure that this cooks until browned by simmering for about 20 minutes. Make sure that the juice is running clear (not bloody or muddy).
5. Mix in the Dolmio Lasagne Sauce and simmer for about 6 more minutes.
Now its time to layer
1. Place a thin layer of the mince mixture at the bottom of the lasagne dish – smooth it out with the spatula.
2. Place some lasagne sheets over the mixture, having them overlap slightly at the edges. You may need to cut some sheets to help them fit.
3. Pour over a thin layer of the Dolmio Lasagne Cream Sauce and top this off with some grated Parmesan cheese.
4. Repeat the layering process one more time.
5. Once complete, place in the oven for approximately 30 minutes – having it turn nice and brownish on top.
6. And…Ta-Da!! This will serve 6 large portions or 8 medium portions. Serve it with a nice salad and some coleslaw…happy days.
I like to freeze each portion so that I can take one into work each day. Good for your body…and your wallet. Cha-Ching!!
Love, P x
Gluten Free Lasagna